UPDATED 7:01 AM PT – Tuesday, October 6, 2020
President Trump was discharged from Walter Reed Medical Center after doctors said he responded well to COVID-19 treatment. On Monday evening, the President walked into the White House after being hospitalized for three nights with moderate coronavirus symptoms.
Earlier in the day, White House physician Dr. Sean Conley said the President has met all criteria for a safe discharge and will continue to receive 24/7 treatment in the White House.
“Though he may not entirely be out of the woods yet, the team and I agree that all of our evaluations and, most importantly, his clinical status support the President’s safe return home where he’ll be surrounded by world class medical care 24/7,” Dr. Conley explained.
The President checked into the hospital Friday after allegedly experiencing a high fever and low blood-oxygen levels. However, Conley said his condition has since stabilized following treatment. The physician also said the President had been in great spirits throughout his hospital stay.
“The President has been a phenomenal patient during his stay here and he’s been working hand in glove with us and the team,” Dr. Conley stated. “‘And we have been back and forth on what’s safe and what’s reasonable, and he has never once pushed us to do anything that was beyond safe and reasonable practice.”
President Trump said on Twitter before leaving for the White House that he hopes to get back to the campaign trail soon. He also said he feels better than he did two decades ago and urged supporters not to allow the coronavirus dominate to their lives.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 5, 2020